1.11.2005

We know that the most pressing question on everyones mind is about Scott’s health but before we get into that, we are so excited to share one of the most amazing stories. This story has encouraged us and filled us with hope these last couple weeks.

A few weeks ago we received an exciting phone call from my father who wanted to share with us what had just happened to him. This came only 2 weeks after Scott’s hospitalization and I could tell right away that my dad was joyful about something. It was great to hear his joy because I know the deep burden my father carries for us and how hard that can be for him.

He proceeded to tell me that a few days earlier he wanted to surprise my mother by replacing the kitchen sink while she was at work. This is something she’s been wanting for a long time. He said to me, “Meesh(that’s what he calls me), I’m too old to do this kind of stuff myself and I don’t have any friends who can do it.” So, he reluctantly turned to a local newspaperto find a plumber. If you knew my father’s histor with tradesmen he found in the newspaper you would understand why he was reluctant. He picked a number, called, and to his surprise a man answered and said he would be right over. Not sure if this was a good or bad sign, he told me, “we’ll just see what kind of characters show up this time.” Within, what seemed like only a few minutes, the doorbell rang and two plumbers were at the door. It was a father and son team, Raymond and Abraham.

Immediately my father noticed the older mans British accent and asked him where he was from. The man said that he was originally from England but was diagnosed with a brain tumor and moved seeking treatment. As things got worse for him, the doctors had little to offer. Then he said, "but I was healed by God and now I'm cancer free."

My father could hardly believe what he was hearing! He told them that Scott, his own son-in-law is battling brain cancer and things are not so good right now. This plumbers response was simply, “Can we pray for him?” My dad agreed and to his surprise these two plumbers got down on their knees on my parents kitchen floor and started to cry out to God. They asked for God to heal him, praying for God to “heal his servant”. It’s so precious because my dad had told them nothing about Scott. What my dad said next touched us so deeply. He said, “Meshe, when they started praying, I felt the presence of God!” I have never heard him say anything like that before and I knew without a dought that it was true, God was there and making Himself known, not just for my father but for Scott and me and all of you.

When these plumbers finished praying they got to work, no discussion needed. Then my dad said that over the next 4 hours as they worked on the kitchen sink, many more times, they stopped what they were doing, got on their knees, and began praying for Scott again. You could only imagine the emotions my dad was feeling, but best of all he said he felt filled with hope and joy. So do we.

So they finished the job, presented my dad with the bill and it was much less than he expected - - another small miracle! I love that. He even asked them if they had charged him enough. They said yes, and asked him to pass on their card if he knows anyone who needs a plumber. I think it read something like, “Angels Plumbing, 777 Heaven’s Way, Anywhere, Earth” Ok, that last part is a joke but we still occasionally wonder, could they be angels?

I'll send another email to give you our most recent update on Scott's health.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home