6.30.2005

Hello Everyone,

Here are some final thoughts on how I’m making sense out of all of this. Scott and I have always believed that God gives every marriage a purpose for serving Him. We had thought that maybe we would teach a class together or help young couples with pre-marital counseling. Now I know for certain that a big part of God’s purpose for our marriage was to go through this battle with brain cancer and share our experience with all of you. Thank you for letting us do that and giving us so much support along the way.

Looking ahead, our little family has a lot of changes to adjust to over this next year and beyond. My hope and strength still rests in the God that has much more for me to do. First I’m called to be a mother to our little ones and then I’m praying about how God is going to continue to use this experience to help others and serve Him.

This is a very hard time for me. Josephine and I are taking things one day at a time and grieving the loss of my honey and her dada. Josephine has needed a lot of stability around her and she still asks to “go see dada” so we’re working though that. I am so grateful to be surrounded by the love and compassion of caring people who are helping me emotionally, spiritually, and practically. I’m amazed at how busy I am getting things squared away legally and financially while preparing our home for the coming baby. I can’t wait to meet him!

I have one more request from all of you that would mean so much to me and the kids!! I’m gathering together things for the children that will teach them more about who their father was. I would love it if you could send me any stories, short or long, funny or serious, on your memories or experience with knowing Scott. I’m going to put them together and give it to them at the appropriate time when they are older. Thanks so so much. You can send the stories back to me here or send them to me at home, 1751 N. Talman Ave. Chicago, IL 60647. Thank you.

All our love to you,

Michele, Josephine and Baby Gray

1 Comments:

At 6:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michele,

I am glad that I check this blog while cleaning the toolbar bookmark out. Since Scott went to heaven, I always pray and wonder how you and the two little ones are doing. I am a mother of a 21 month old girl, Kioni, and we just put our 15 year dog to sleep last month. So I understand, to a minimal extend, how difficult yet sweet it is sometimes to talk about Scott with Josephine.

I would like to share this story about how I came to know Scott while working at the Field Education Office at Trinity. Field Education coursework due date for that particular semester had come and gone, but Scott did not turn in his paperwork, I wrote him an email, gave me a call. No reply. I thought to myself, "What is going on with this student? No response!" Two days later, he walked into my office with a stack of paperwork and a big huge smile on his face. He was also holding a photo albumn in his hand. As soon as he gave me the papers, he said, "I am sorry the papers are late, I am willing to take whatever point deduction that you have to impose. But let me tell you the reason why I am turning in the papers late." With the most beaming smile, he opened the albumn and there were photos of you and Josephine in the hospital. She was the most beautiful baby I have ever seen! Scott was proud of you and absolutely adore Josephine. A year or so later, just a few months after a brain surgery, he brought some papers in for another course, this time he showed me the photos of a one year old Josephine. Whenever I comment on how incrediabily beautiful Josephine was, Scott would just say with a big smile, "We had fun." We talked about baby-modeling and a lot of everyday things. I was pregnant with my baby girl then, and he gave me suggestions about reading "The Baby Wispherer", which indeed helped me a lot in the first few months of being a new mom. I owe him forever for telling me about that book.
I know Scott knows what I am writing now, and I know he remembers this. It is comforting to know that he is not suffering any more.
Michele, I will be praying for you, thinking about Josephine and True. Please keep on posting in the blog, once every two months, twice a year, whatever, I just want to hear updates on how you three are doing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home