10.03.2005

The kids are in bed. Hallelujah! I'm going to try and continue to keep this journal going for myself, the kids and anyone else who would like to see how we are doing from time to time. But no guarantees. You see, with a two year old and an infant my home is a constant buzz and my hands are full.

I love them so much. I wasn't sure how it was going to feel after True was born. I thought that it just might be really sad raising two little ones without Scott. Instead, I look at them and my heart is just filled with LOVE. I once had the joy of so often saying "I love being a wife!!" now everyday I'm overcome with, "I love being a mom!" It's so exhausting. I've realized that if one kid is 1 times the work, than two kids is 4 times the work. But I wouldn't trade it for anything. Being a mom is the number one calling God has placed on my life since Scott died. Before that it was to be wife and care for my husband. It's such a great honor to raise them and be the most important influence in their life right now.

True is turning out to be the perfect baby. He's colicky and is showing no signs of slowing. It's hard on Josephine because she doesn't like her brother to be upset so she offers suggestions on what True might need. In her panicked little voice she'll say, "OH NO, True's crying. He needs breast milk!" or "We have to help him. His tummy hurts!" or "Can you put him in the Baby Bjorn Momma?". She is such a sweet heart and we love baby True.

Gotta go take a shower, clean up the house, pay a few bills and get to bed.

Blessing!

Michele

2 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Blogger Swinging Sammy said...

All of us at NewSong Community Church in Tecumseh are still praying for you and your family, congrats on the birth of True.

 
At 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Michele-
I know you are busy. I remember the days of having an infant and toddler. Amy was collicy too. 'Perfect' was not one of the words I used to describe her in those days. You are a much better mother than I. Would love to visit and see baby True. E-mail or call me soon. It's been way too long. I think of you often and pray, too. I'm sure you miss Scott. It's all so weird, isn't it. Love you lots...Edie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home